Sunday, January 27, 2008

“I've got news for them, ... We're not simply going to maintain, we're going to exceed what we've done. Our best days are ahead of us.”





A couple years ago i had a pet sugarglider. His name was bubbles. Through a series of tragic occurrences and failed operations, he passed. it was pretty shitty. It was especailly rough on my mother, who had nursed him (not 'milk' 'nurse', of course) in his final days.

late wednesday night/thursday morning I met him again.

I was walking around the block, near that old house I mentioned a few days ago. I've been meaning to go for more walks, just to think about things, but until now, the weather hasn't permitted it. sitting on top of a dumpster around the corner was a large cage. Not the kind he lived in in my house, but more like something you'd see at the zoo, or caging a lion in a kansas truck stop parking lot between stops at county fairs. He was much larger, if I had not recognized him, I may have mistaken him for a medium size monkey. He really wanted to get the hell out of there. So I took him. And just like when I'd get him out of the cage in the living world, he went ape-shit. Jumping all over the place, and trying to get back into the safety of his cage, where he had an old oven mitt he would sleep/hide in. For as bad as he didn't want to live on top of this dumpster,
he sure was pissed off to be taken way from it. Last thing I remember, he lunged at me, and bit down onto my glasses. He hung on, squirming, and screaming, 'til I finally realized I could get him off by simply taking my glasses off. So I guess thats where he resides now; around the corner from that old place, in a carnivalesque cage atop a dumpster. Waiting for old faces to walk by, and collecting eye glasses.


...and now, an intermission. broads falling.



I spent the rest of that night at a giant Best Buy which was located in a mall I almost recognize. I was there with two friends (who we will abbreviate as N217 and aDZ). They weren't the only people I knew there, of course it IS best buy, why wouldn't I run into random hordes of girls I knew? Long story short, N217 and aDZ were way into stealing dvds. It was warm out, again, but they were wearing large coats, thinking nothing of possibly looking suspicious.They were loading them up with the dumbest fucking movies you could ever think of. I think one of them was most excited about Erin Brokovich (sp?). I knew they were going to get caught, so I just messed around with some plasma screens waiting for them to get out. Then as I went to tell them I knew the Best Buy private security forces were onto them- they were ambushed. They were interrogated and unwillingly searched. Somehow neither had anything on them. They accepted snide apologies and we left, with very hazy recollection of why we were even there in the first place.

No comments: