
Chelsea Clinton was at my school today. I was to be in class during the time she was to appear. Luckily the class, which relies heavily on computer/projector slides had technical difficulties. This gave me the opportunity of a lifetime, to see a real presidential candidate's offspring give me her mom's spiel.
Nah, thats a lie. I don't care so much what she has to say and I've grown rather bored and irritated by what her mother has to say, so odds are I wasn't going to be attending. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely ignorant to politics. I watched the first 5 minutes of tonight's "state of the union address" while constantly gasping "this guy is bat shit crazy" just like any rational American was doing at the time. I'm also pretty sure who's getting my vote. I doubt this would have had any effect on that.
Now last election I took a similar opportunity. I saw Al Sharpton at school at a press conference/rally. It was intense. I've never been so confused in my life (on second thought, I saw The Ultimate Warrior, of WWF fame, at a Young Republicans sponsored lecture, that was the most confusing/craziest thing I've seen). How the hell did anything he (Rev. Al Sharpton) ever said get him a single vote? And its not the controversial/race issues I speak of. It was just simply ridiculous. He was asked a couple questions from the audience (his audience, the same 12 people that got autographs after the bullshitting was over) about local issues, then answered like he was concerned and that it was somehow going to be his goal as President to change them for the better. Maybe that is his genius. I suppose he knows how completely clueless his .002 percent is and knows exactly how to keep them writing him in.
Oh yeah, this is supposed to be about Chelsea. Kind of a babe. Actually, total political babe I guess. That was the one reason I was down with the idea of going to this so-special event. I went home and took a nap instead. If I wanted to hear some hot rich broad blow smoke I'd spend more time in Clayton. Which I came to find out is where she rounded out her day.
No comments:
Post a Comment